Thursday, July 3, 2014

Welcome Everyone

For my first post, I thought I would show you two cards. The first one I made in 2012 for my Mother-in-law, a wonderful woman whom I am proud to call family. It is fitting to show this card as the first one, since it was my first attempt at doing something more towards the vintage/shabby chic style. A style which I have now thrown myself into whole-heartedly. This was also the first time I tried making my own paper flowers.

For the background, I used Tim Holtz distress ink Victorian Velvet and edged it with Brushed Corduroy. For the embossed piece, I brayered distress ink Antique Linen directly onto the embossing folder, then ran it through my Cuttlebug. I applied Victorian Velvet around the edges for a soft touch.





Dies: Spellbinders-foliage, Spellbinders-create a carnation, Spellbinders-labels one
Embossing Folder: Lifestyle Crafts-whimsy
Handmade: flowers and hat pin
From My Stash: laces, pearls, beads and pin

This card was made a few months ago for my own Mom (my hero and my best friend). I was inspired by a card designed by Magda, her card is shown below. For the background I painted the paper with white paint to give it texture, then I used Tim Holtz distress inks Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers and Brushed Corduroy. There are a lot of little elements which I hope show up in the pictures, like the tiny gold microbeads sprinkled here and there and the itty bitty dewdrops on the flower petals and leaves. I hope you like it.





I didn't have the right colour pearls, so I coloured white ones with a Copic marker.
I hope in this last picture that you can see the beautiful shimmer on the card. I sprayed the entire card with Lindy's Stamp Gang scintillating silver spritz.

Dies: Cheery Lynn-french pastry doily, Memory Box-whimsy circle, lorelai leaf & loopy rings
Stamps: Kaisercraft-13th hour, Tim Holtz-fabulous flourish, BoBunny-stained textures & powder mountain
Deep Red Stamps-vintage swirls background
Punch: Martha Stewart butterfly stamp and punch set
Handmade: some flowers are handmade, frame made from Martha Stewart mold
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts

The original:


Thanks for stopping in! If you have any questions, please let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment